2011. november 7., hétfő

British Council's English Teaching Video Series

I think it is a great idea what you've come up with Erika, we only had very vague ideas about what we should or could do in the past weeks, and it is so good to see that you were so creative on how to narrow down our topic. So thanks for your ideas! :)

We have talked about our topic to Nóra last time and she suggested we should look at use of youtube more from the teacher's point of view. That is, we could also include in our research in what ways a teacher can make use of any kind of videos in class, what kind of tasks s/he would prepare in connection to a movie trailer or a video about animals for example and how they can be used as supplementary teaching material in class. So maybe we should consider this idea as well.

I found a very nice English teaching series by the British Council, where different teachers of the British Council talk about a certain topic and their personal experiences in connection to that topic, such as family, favorite films, travels, careers etc.
You can take a look at one of the videos here:

1 megjegyzés:

  1. Thank you, I really hope that this proposal proves to be helpful because I have been as lost with our topic as you - if I had any good ideas before, I would have shared it sooner, but our previous attempts to grasp the topic were indeed too vague. Especially in my case, I didn't even find any important path to share... Finding Misterduncan's series gave this new idea, and I was so glad about it that I tried to make up a little for my previous inactivity and gather as much questions as I could. :)

    If we can follow this lead, I think the British Council's series might be a perfect material, congratulations for finding it!

    I'm really looking forward tomorrow's class; unfortunately, I missed Nóra's help with the aspects you mentioned because I've been tweeting at the time, and I'm not sure yet how could we melt these into the series' frame. But it will be good to consider all these ideas together and maybe achieve some breakthrough... :)

    VálaszTörlés